Install WordPress in HostGator cPanel
It’s quick and easy to install WordPress on a new domain using Quick Install on your HostGator cPanel. Watch this video to see how you can do it in just a few minutes.
If you’re not using HostGator yet then you can join this great hosting service using my Discount Coupon Codes for huge savings.
Here’s the step-by-step instructions:
- Log in to cPanel
- Scroll down to Software and Services and click QuickInstall
- Create a QuickInstall account (free)
- Log in to QuickInstall
- Click WordPress (under Popular Installs) and look for ‘Install WordPress For FREE’
- Scroll right as far as you can and click Install WordPress
- Use the drop-down list to find your website (it will be the only one there the first time) and leave the path empty so it will be installed at the root of your website
- Fill in the fields as required
- Wait for a few minutes
- When the top banner changes color you can click on it to get your WP login details
- Copy your login details and store them wherever you keep your passwords. You will also get an email with your login details.
Install and activate Wordfence security plugin to protect your new website from brute-force attacks.